Friday, June 11, 2010

What's going on


It took us more than year to put the wheels in motion on a new Web site that would focus on news, events and happenings in northern Stafford and eastern Prince William counties.
Now it’s here. Its name is Potomac Local. Its mission is simple: Tell people what’s going on.
Writing about eastern Prince William and Stafford counties is not new for me, but launching a new Web site is. For the past four years, I have worked as a reporter covering Northern Virginia. I love my job and will have no plans to do anything else right now.
But in my spare time (which I am still trying to find) I, along with some fine friends, will work to highlight what’s going on in our neighborhoods. From topics like crime, transportation, new business openings, things to do this weekend, even the cardboard boat regatta – we’ll work to bring it to you here and through our favorite social media sites.
I hope you’ll follow us on Twitter and on Facebook as we continue to grow, and let us know what’s going on in your neighborhood. We would love to hear from you.
You'll want to check back as we develop our site! Thanks for stopping by.
P.S. – We chose the photo of the National Marine Corps Museum because it is a building designed with style to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment